2023 Northern Ohio PGA Clubs Fore Kids Program Applications Available for Girls High School Golf Coaches
The Northern Ohio PGA Clubs Fore Kids program is an initiative to help juniors ages 8-18 learn the game of golf and use the sport to build strong character and valuable life skills. The program offers juniors a set of golf clubs to call their own, free golf instruction from a PGA Professional, and a Youth on Course membership allowing the junior access to reduced rates at area courses.
This program is an initiative to provide middle-school and high school-aged girls ages 12-18 with the necessary golf equipment and resources needed to compete and experience the game’s most important characteristics. Through the game of golf, each female scholar-athlete will be exposed to a unique skill set that will broaden their career options in the future. In addition to acquiring important life and social skills, these female scholar-athletes will build self-esteem through daily interactions with their Middle and High School Coaches and teammates that empower them to be the leaders of tomorrow.
In an effort to get more girls into golf, this application is specifically for high school and middle school girls golf coaches. Based on a survey sent out to all Girls High School Golf Coaches in the Northern Ohio region, results show that 50% of girls high school teams have at least one female that is sharing or borrowing equipment. In addition to that, data shows that 41.2% of girls who do have their own equipment are using equipment that is either “borderline unusable and dated” or “unusable but it’s the best available.”
As our research has shown, Middle and High School Girls Golf Programs aren’t afforded the proper resources, equipment, or training to succeed at a high level. Many Girls Golf Programs are using substandard equipment and the Northern Ohio PGA Section Foundation is committed to bridging this gap and providing these female scholar-athletes with a level playing field. Through industry partnerships, the Northern Ohio PGA Section Foundation will partner with golf club companies, Tour Edge and Sun Mountain, in providing top-of-the-line equipment and course access in the summer and PGA Professional Instruction and a maximum of eight (8) golf sets per school.
Clubs Fore Kids Recipient Benefits:
– Access to a “brand new” set of golf clubs (Schools will keep but scholars can use in summer)
– Golf Balls, Tees, Driver Headcover
– PGA Professional Instruction
– Eligible to receive Northern Ohio Junior Golf Financial Assistance to help compete in summer events.
– Youth on Course Membership where junior has access to public courses for $5 or less throughout Northern Ohio
Clubs Fore Kids Agreement with Scholar-Athlete and High School
Each Clubs Fore Kids recipient MUST participate on their respective high school’s golf team through their scheduled graduation date. If the Clubs Fore Kids recipient is unable to participate on their respective high school team the recipient MUST return the in-kind equipment to their high school or middle school golf coach.
– Scholarship opportunities for Clubs Fore Kids scholar-athletes to attend a two/four-year college
– Financial Assistance Opportunities in Northern Ohio PGA Junior Tour to compete in summer events
– Paid summer internship opportunities with the Junior Tour
Eligibility for 2023 Application:
– All applications must be for a middle school or high school (7th grade-12th grade) girl’s golf team located in the Northern Ohio PGA.
– Applications must be submitted by a middle school or high school girls’ golf coach.
– Previous recipients are not eligible for the 2023 application.