The Elms Country Club
1608 Manchester Ave SW, North Lawrence COURSE DETAILS >
Fri Jul 15, 2022 - 07:00 AM Start
EVENT TYPE / ASSOCIATION: Independent Event, Amateur, Professional, Senior
EVENT FORMAT: Individual Stroke Play, Skins Game
Northern Ohio Golf is partnering with The Elms Country Club to produce the 71st playing of the Loby’s Tigertown Open! Northern Ohio Golf will handle player registration, event operations, media and marketing, while The Elms will focus on providing the best possible golf course conditions on tournament day. Both sides will work on sponsors and tournament presentation. Thank you to Loby’s Grille in Canton for acting as 2022 Title Sponsor!
What Stays the Same in 2022:
– a guaranteed first place prize of $5,000 to the low Professional;
– a $1,500 guaranteed first place prize to the low Senior Professional;
– 18 holes of individual stroke play in four divisions (Pro, Senior Pro, Am, Senior Am) played on Friday, July 15th at The Elms.
Changes for 2022:
– CASH PRIZE PAYOUTS for Amateur and Senior Amateur players per the new USGA rules, with $40 from each amateur entry fee going into the prize pot paid back to 25% of the field (just like our NOHIO.GOLF Series events);
– four brand new SKINS POTS by division, with $20 from each player’s entry fee going into those four separate skins pots (approximately $3,360 total!);
– the Northern Ohio Golf Association will provide its fantastic Live Scoring by NOGA service to the Tigertown Open, so players and fans will see in real time on the TVs at the clubhouse and on the app everywhere else exactly who leads the tournament and who is chasing in all four divisions. Live Scoring is sponsored by Benmit Pipe & Tubing Services;
– there will be NO PLAYOFF in any division as all ties will split, so the morning wave players no longer need to wait after finishing play in case of a tie.
The entry fee for Amateurs and Senior Amateurs is $105/player; the entry fee for Professionals and Senior Professionals is $225/player. If a credit card is used for these payments, a processing fee is charged. These entry fees covers golf greens fees, tournament prizes and the skins pot entry.
If any Senior Professional age 50+ wishes to play in both the Professional and Senior Professional Divisions together, simply pay $450 for the entry fee amount and your name will be entered into both Pro divisions.
Carts are available for a separate fee per player/rider, with cart fees paid in the pro shop on event day. Players may also walk and carry, use a push cart or bring a caddie.
Tournament Details & Operations
Entries close on Monday, July 11 at 12 Midnight or when the field number reaches 180 players, whichever comes first.
An entry is only considered complete when both the Player Information and the Entry Fee Payment is received.
Of the entry fee money collected, $40/am and $150/pro goes to the four respective tournament prize pots, and $20 to the respective skins pots. Prizes are distributed to the top 25% of finishers in each division based on the stated guaranteed first place prize amounts and a pre-set prize chart based on the number of paid tournament entries received. THE MORE ENTRIES RECEIVED THE LARGER THE FINAL PAYOUTS.
Scores and payouts will posted to northernohio.golf soon after the completion of the event. Prize payouts for the Top-6 players and ties in each division will be made by check, mailed on Monday, July 18th. Prize payments for all player earnings 7th place and up will be sent by the method of payment used for entry. (The larger payouts must be made by check due to the payment limits the apps set that can be made in any one week.)
All ties split; there are no playoffs for any position.
All skins game money collected will be paid out in full based on the number of skins won in each division, by division. If no outright skins are won in a division, a split of the skins pot will be divided amongst players of the least-tied holes.
Starting times will be posted by Wednesday, July 13 at 5p. Groupings will be randomly assigned by division, but requests for the early or late starting time wave will be accepted up until the entry deadline.
If the event is canceled in advance due to weather, full refunds will be returned in the same manner of payment as provided within 48 hours. If the event is canceled mid-round, golf+cart will be rain-checked by the course and the remainder of the entry fee will be refunded as above.
A player may cancel an entry after entry fee payment is made up until the entry deadline, with a $10 administrative fee per player deducted from the refunded amount. After the entry deadline, no refunds will be provided regardless of reason.
GET INVOLVED AS A SPONSOR!