The 2024 Northern Ohio PGA Section Foundation Scholarship Application is Now Open
The Northern Ohio PGA Section Foundation is excited to announce that it will once again be awarding two local students with $10,000 college scholarships in 2024. The application period opens today, November 15th, and the deadline to submit the application is February 14, 2024.
In 2021, the NOPGA Section Foundation awarded the inaugural scholarships to Ben Ellis and Rachel DiDonato. In 2022, the scholarships were awarded for the second year to Sophia Rosa and Daniel Donegan. Ellis and DiDonato are in their junior years at Siena Heights University and Northern Kentucky University, respectively, while Rosa and Donegan are in their sophomore years at Walsh University and Notre Dame University. In 2023, Fletcher Clark and Halle Ellis were awarded scholarships; Clark is currently a freshman at Ohio State University, while Ellis is attending Miami University (FL).
The two students selected to receive the scholarships in 2024 will receive them in $2500 increments annually over the course of four years. To receive funding each year, additional paperwork, including a copy of the student’s transcript, must be submitted to the NOPGA Section Foundation to ensure the student is maintaining a Grade Point Average of 3.0 or higher.
The purpose of the NOPGA Section Foundation Scholarships is to encourage and promote the attainment of higher education goals among Northern Ohio students. Eligible applicants must be:
– High school seniors who are currently a permanent resident of Northern Ohio within the geographic boundaries of the Northern Ohio PGA ( a straight line between Union City, Indiana and Martins Ferry, Ohio)
– Hold a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale)
– Past or current member of the Northern Ohio PGA Junior Tour, Ohio Girls Golf Foundation, Drive Chip & Putt, PGA Jr. League, a First Tee program, or other golf organization
– Plan to graduate high school prior to July 1, 2024
– Plan to enroll or are enrolled as a full-time student at an accredited college or university in the United States in the Fall of 2024
Along with the application (below), applicants must submit the following information:
– A copy of his/her most recent transcript
– A personal statement
– 2 letters of recommendation
– Financial information
Applicants will be notified if they are finalists for the scholarship by April 15, 2024. Finalists will be subject to a formal interview with the Scholarship Committee on a later date. The two recipients will be announced at the Kenny Novak Pro-Junior-3 Am Scholarship Day on July 29, 2024, at Club Walden. More information about the Scholarship Day will be available in the upcoming months.
For more information on the event, see the Northern Ohio PGA Section Foundation website.