The Northern Ohio PGA Section Foundation is excited to announce that it will once again be awarding two local students with $10,000 college scholarships in 2023. The application period opens today, November 15th, and the deadline to submit the application will be February 15, 2023.
In 2021, the NOPGA Section Foundation awarded the inaugural scholarships to Ben Ellis and Rachel DiDonato. In 2022, the scholarships were awarded for the second year to Sophia Rosa and Daniel Donegan. Ellis and DiDonato are in their Sophomore years at Siena Heights University and Northern Kentucky University respectively, while Rosa and Donegan are in their freshman years at Walsh University and Notre Dame University respectively.
The two students selected to receive the scholarships in 2023 will receive it in $2,500 increments annually over the course of four years. To receive funding each year, additional paperwork including a copy of the student’s transcript must be submitted to the NOPGA Section Foundation to ensure the student is maintaining a Grade Point Average of 3.0 or higher.
The purpose of the NOPGA Section Foundation Scholarships is to encourage and promote the attainment of higher education goals among Northern Ohio students. Eligible applicants must be:
‣ High school seniors who are currently a permanent resident of Northern Ohio within the geographic boundaries of the Northern Ohio PGA ( a straight line between Union City, Indiana and Martins Ferry, Ohio)
‣ Hold a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale)
‣ Past or current member of the Northern Ohio PGA Junior Tour, Ohio Girls Golf Foundation, Drive Chip & Putt, PGA Jr. League, a First Tee program, or other golf organization
‣ Plan to graduate high school prior to July 1, 2023
‣ Plan to enroll or are enrolled as a full-time student at an accredited college or university in the United States in the Fall of 2023
Along with the application (below), applicants must submit the following information:
‣ A copy of his/her most recent transcript
‣ A personal statement
‣ 2 letters of recommendation
‣ Financial information
Applicants will be notified if they are finalists for the scholarship by April 15, 2023. Finalists will be subject to a formal interview with the Scholarship Committee on a later date. The two recipients will be announced at the Kenny Novak Pro-Junior-3 Am Scholarship Day on July 24, 2023, at Club Walden. More information about the Scholarship Day will be available in the upcoming months.
If you have any questions about the scholarships or the Scholarship Day at Club Walden, please reach out to Danielle Nicholson at email@example.com or the Section Office at (216)-765-1214.
For more information on the event, see the Northern Ohio PGA Section Foundation website.