NOPGA Section Foundation Excited to Award Two $10,000 Scholarships for the Second Year
The Northern Ohio PGA Section Foundation is excited to announce that it will once again be awarding two local students with $10,000 college scholarships in 2022. The application period opens November 15th and the deadline to submit the application will be February 15, 2022.
In 2021, the NOPGA Section Foundation Scholarship Committee selected Ben Ellis and Rachel DiDonato as the inaugural scholarship recipients thanks to the generosity of George Balog and his family. Ben graduated from Chippewa High School and is continuing his education at Siena Heights University while Rachel graduated from Green High School and is continuing her education at Northern Kentucky University.
The two students selected to receive the scholarships will receive it in $2500 increments annually over the course of four years. To receive funding each year, additional paperwork including a copy of the student’s transcript must be submitted to the NOPGA Section Foundation to ensure the student is maintaining a Grade Point Average of 3.0 or higher.
The purpose of the NOPGA Section Foundation Scholarships is to encourage and promote the attainment of higher education goals among Northern Ohio students. Eligible applicants must be:
– High school seniors who are currently a permanent resident of Northern Ohio within the geographic boundaries of the Northern Ohio PGA ( a straight line between Union City, Indiana and Martins Ferry, Ohio)
– Hold a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale)
– Past or current member of the Northern Ohio PGA Junior Tour, Ohio Girls Golf Foundation, Drive Chip & Putt, PGA Jr. League, a First Tee program, or other golf organization
– Plan to graduate high school prior to July 1, 2022
– Plan to enroll or are enrolled as a full-time student at an accredited college or university in the United States in the Fall of 2022
Along with the application (below), applicants must submit the following information:
– A copy of his/her most recent transcript
– A personal statement
– 2 letters of recommendation
– Financial information
Applicants will be notified if they are finalists for the scholarship by April 5, 2022. Finalists will be subject to a formal interview with the Scholarship Committee on the afternoon of April 27, 2022. The two recipients will be announced at the Kenny Novak Pro-Junior-3 Am Scholarship Day on July 25, 2022, at Club Walden. More information about the Scholarship Day will be available in the upcoming months.
For more information on the event, see the Northern Ohio PGA Section Foundation website at https://thenorthernohiopga.com/northern-ohio-pga-section-foundation/.